Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Olive Cheese Bread

Ok I had to post this recipe that I made this weekend for Olive Cheese Bread. It was SO good. I LOVE olives so Andy has grown to tolerate them, BUT to my surprise he LOVED the bread just as much as I did :) Here's the recipe and a picture courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. If you've never read her blog-get to it! It's got some really great stuff on there!

This recipe makes double what is pictured (2 halves of one big ol' loaf of french bread)
Ingredients
  • 1 loaf French Bread
  • 6 ounces, weight Pimiento-stuffed Green Olives
  • 6 ounces, weight Black Olives
  • 2 stalks Green Onions (scallions)-*I left these out since Andy is not an onion fan, and it was still awesome!
  • 1 stick Butter, Room Temperature
  • ½ cups Mayonnaise (I know mayo sounds gross but you won't even know it's in there!!)
  • ¾ pounds Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
Preparation Instructions

Roughly chop both black olives and pimiento-stuffed green olives. Slice green onions into thin pieces.

Combine butter, mayonnaise, cheese, olives and green onions in a mixing bowl. Spread onto loaf of french bread that has been sliced lengthwise. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has browned. I baked mine for about 20 minutes and then broiled for a couple minutes because I was in a rush. ENJOY!

No comments: