I've been meaning to post these pictures for a while, but this last week has been so busy!! Andy's brother, Chad, got married on Saturday so we've been getting ready for that (will post on that later!)
Anyway...back to last week! Friends of ours from our small group at church needed someone to watch their sweet puppy, Bailey, while they were out of town for the night so I jumped on the opportunity! I thought it would be fun, and a good chance for Layla to experience on some level what it will be like for us to bring home something new that also required a lot of special attention. The two girls got along great, and we had a lot of fun watching her. She is SO teeny! (probably about the same size the baby is right now-4 lbs or so)
Here she is eating her breakfast (she's almost as tall as Layla's dog bowls)
Playing in the yard-if the grass was any longer we might have lost her!
After Bailey went home with her family we started to get ready for Easter! On Sunday morning Rebecca, and Andy's brother, Sam, joined us for church at Newspring. The service was amazing-all focusing on how Jesus paid an UNBELIEVABLE price to send the world an UNDENIABLE message-that we can be right with God through HIM alone! I think it's easy to get emotional on Easter just thinking of what Jesus did for us, but I'm trying to make it my goal to remember that EVERY day! Every day I need his grace, and every day HE IS ALIVE!
This year in my bible study (BSF) we've been studying the book of John, and what God has been showing me over and over is how our obedience to God is the best way for us to show our love for him. This year I looked at the cross a bit differently than I have before-not only did it show how much God loves us-"the world"- but also how much Jesus loved the Father, and was obedient to his will because he loved him and wanted to bring him glory. Just makes me think and question--how obedient am I? I know Easter was a week ago, but just wanted to share what's been on my heart-to try everyday to be more like Christ.
Ok, back to Easter Sunday :)
After church my mom, Jimmy, my grandparents, and Andy's parents joined us for Easter lunch.
We had a spread of ham, chicken, macaroni and cheese, rice, green bean and corn casserole, potato salad, and deviled eggs. For dessert my grandmother made a chocolate pound cake and I made these little treats called "empty tombs"-really cute recipe for Easter you can find here.
Ok-I just noticed that in this picture if you look really close you can see that Andy has put the ketchup bottle beside his chair before we served our plates. How cute that he didn't put it on the table though since he knew I was trying to make it look nice :) haha...
After lunch the egg hunt began. Andy enticed all the adults to hunt for eggs by putting some $$ in a few eggs and offering a prize for the person who found the most eggs.

We all gathered to count after searching for what seemed like forever! Andy's dad, Chester, won the most eggs, and Rebecca found BOTH of the money eggs! Lucky duck!
The Lee family
Layla wanted to join in on the picture with the rest of the gang

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:
sounds like a special easter!
love love love the pic with the ketchup!!!
CLASSIC ANDY!!!
XOXO
Post a Comment