Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chad and Jennifer's Wedding and 34 Week Update!

Last weekend was full of wedding festivities! Chad (Andy's older brother) got married in Clemson, SC to Jennifer (long time girlfriend from college). Everything was beautiful, and you couldn't have asked for more perfect weather for an outdoor ceremony.
On Friday night before the wedding, we all gathered at the Mill Creek Lodge just outside of Clemson's campus for the rehearsal dinner. The Lees did such a good job with the food and decor. They made a beef roast, macaroni and cheese, green beans, salad, bread, and a variety of desserts. It was delicious!! I had to take a picture of the dessert table before anyone got there to capture Paula's cake-the tiger paw-so cute!
At 5:00 on Saturday the ceremony started, and Chad and Jennifer got ready to say their "I do's". Andy was a groomsmen, and I had the honor of reading a poem during the ceremony. Everything was beautiful! I kind of had the sniffles while I read because I got a little teary when Jennifer came down the aisle-that part always gets to me!!
There they go! Husband and Wife :)
First Dance
The reception was just behind the ceremony sight at the Madren Center on the Walker Golf Course at Clemson. There was a beautiful sunset on the lake that my camera just doesn't do justice!
Andy and Chad
Andy's youngest brother, Nick, caught the garter, so when the DJ arranged for him to put the garter on the girl that caught the bouquet they told him to put on a blindfold. While he couldn't see, they had Sam (Andy's other younger brother) sit in the chair to trick him. Nick was very polite when putting on the garter and feeling some manly, hair-filled legs :) When they pulled the blindfold off he was so surprised! Those brothers are so silly!
I've been kind of slack with the pictures lately-sorry! I think I've been trying to get the baby stuff together and rest whenever I can! I feel like the exhaustion from the 1st trimester has started to creep back in-except this time it's harder to get comfortable! Besides that, I've been feeling pretty good and the Dr. reports have all been normal! The baby's movements have been getting so strong. At night especially Andy and I can watch the baby turn and kick and it looks so crazy!! It's really sinking in that I'm only 6 weeks away from my due date!
We've been going to classes at the hospital for a few weeks now where they cover basics for taking care of the new baby, safety, breast feeding, ect. They've been really helpful for us to get some tips on things we didn't really think about. We also got a tour of the hospital, and where we'll be for delivery and after. All of the rooms are private so that's really nice :) AND the hospital has a "food court" with a Subway, Starbucks, and CHICK-FIL-A!!
I thought I'd post this pic of our Pack'n Play. Andy's parents gave it to us for our first baby shower and I was so excited to get it all set up! We're planning on using the bassinet part for the first few weeks when the baby will stay in our room. We are going to pick up our crib this week so I'll try to post some pictures of the nursery in the making!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

you look amazing! consider yourself hugged!!! miss you tons!!! posting pics are easy... i will email soon!
xoxo