Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recap

I can't believe it! I will be 31 weeks tomorrow! I'm almost in my 8th month! whoa
This baby will really be here before we know it! I've been feeling pretty good (except my back has been aching!) and this little baby moves around all the time! It is really neat now because I can feel what may be a foot or a knee or an elbow move across my tummy. I guess because the baby is growing so much these days--from what I've read the baby is 3-3 1/2 lbs. by now and up to 16 inches long!
I have my first baby shower this weekend and I can't wait! I'm so excited to see my friends and family and to celebrate this little baby coming into the world.

In the meantime, we've been staying busy! My good friend, Laura, is getting married in April so we celebrated with a bachelorette weekend in Tybee Island, GA. I joined later in the weekend for the lingerie shower, dinner, and some karaoke! For a full recap of the weekend you can check out Laura's blog (there's no way I can top her description) I'm so excited for Laura and Dave!

Half the table at dinner
other half
It was a lot of fun having a little overnight trip with the girls!

Earlier in the week Andy headed down to Jacksonville, FL for a 2 day golf trip with his friend, Tyler. Andy's friend Josh was nice enough to let them stay at his house and took them to play 3 courses while they were there. I can't remember everywhere they played except for TPC Sawgrass because that's all Andy was talking about before he left. I know he had such a good time playing down there and having a little "guys trip". Here they are posing with the country club in the background.
I have to end this post on a more serious note. I've been debating whether or not to post this for a while now, but I decided to go ahead because it's been on my mind for the past week so I thought I would share with anyone who reads.
A girl in my Thursday bible study group shared that her sister was expecting to deliver her baby boy sometime this week, and through genetic testing they know that the little boy has trisomy-18. I don't know all the details, but from what she told us there is a defect with the 18th chromosome and causes the baby to not develop properly. She shared that babies born with this condition are not likely to survive beyond the first week of life. So, she and her family were traveling to be with her sister for the birth and possibly the funeral as well. My heart just aches for this family, so I ask that if you read this post that they will be in your prayers. I've been praying constantly for God's comfort and love to surround this family.
(Psalm 34:18 and Romans 8:28--good reminders of God's love for us and His promise to use all things for good for those who love Him)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love you Rach, what a sweet post!