Yesterday marked three wonderful years of marriage for Andy and me. YAY! We started out the day by enjoying a couples massage at the Spa at West End in downtown Greenville. It was so relaxing! I surprised Andy with some chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider beforehand :)
CHEERS!
After our massages, we headed around the corner for a yummy late lunch at Smoke on the Water--kind of a contemporary southern food place. We skipped dessert there because we had planned to try out a new recipe when we got home: Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies. YUM! They were SOOO good!! Click HERE for the recipe. I'll definitely be making these again.

We were enjoying the afternoon just hanging out and decided we just wanted to order in for dinner and hang out at home. While Andy went to go pick up the food I got on the Internet to look into leg cramps during pregnancy. I woke up on Monday night in excruciating pain in my calf muscle. Andy helped me stretch it out so I could go back to sleep but it had been SO sore for a couple days. I wanted to look up and see if there was anything I could do to help the soreness go away so I started reading a bunch of different sites about pregnancy and leg cramps. Harmless, right?
Well I came across a few sites saying that if the pain is constant from a cramp it could be a sign of a blood clot. I wasn't too concerned, but I showed the information to Andy, and he encouraged me to call the doctor/on-call nurse just to be safe. I told her everything that was going on and she asked me some questions and put me on hold. Then she comes back on and tells me I need to go to the hospital...what?!? The hospital!?! I asked her if this was being over-cautious and she urged me that it wasn't, so Andy and I packed up our food-well I did, he scarfed some down first :) and headed to the hospital.
The hooked me up and had me put on a gown--I still didn't think anything was seriously wrong, but it's better to be safe than sorry, right??
After waiting and waiting....and waiting, the doctor came in and checked me out, and then told me I was fine. She told me the on-call nurses can be a little reactive sometimes, but it's definitely better to be safe than sorry. I was definitely glad to hear everything was all right, but it was not the way we pictured our anniversary night. We didn't get home until after midnight :( We are just glad everything is fine and everyone is healthy!
A nice nurse came and wrote this on the board in our room:
This will definitely be an anniversary to remember! I had to get a belly shot in the hospital room before we left. I'm almost 29 weeks now!

1 comment:
OMGOSH!!! Thankful to hear everything is okay now... make sure to get some rest and keep us posted! Sending you lots of love and prayers... love the belly pic!!!
Post a Comment