Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm back! It's been a while, but I'll try to cover some highlights :)
This past weekend was full of wedding festivities- Andy's brother Chad and my friend, Laura, are both getting married on April 10, so naturally they had showers on the same weekend too! Andy and I spent Saturday in Westminster and Chad and Jennifer's Couples Shower, then I headed to Columbia on Sunday for Laura's Bridal Shower. Both were lovely parties! I wish I could make both of the weddings too! :(
The week/weekend before we spent in Dallas, TX at a PAO Conference-Professional Athletes Outreach. Basically, it is a christian conference for professional athletes and their spouses. I cannot put into words how wonderful and special this conference is for us! We learned so much about marriage, parenting, salvation, and more. This year's main speakers were Voddie Baucham (always a favorite) and Dave and Ann Wilson (team chaplains for the Lions). They were both AWESOME!!
Andy and I were asked to be group leaders this year which was a little scary at first, but my friend Emily likes to say "if He calls you, He will equip you" :), and He did! It turned out great and I'm ready to do it next year if we are needed!
Not only do we learn so much, but we also get to catch up with friends. Here's us with the Wragges (49ers) and the Bajemas (Rams) Love you guys!

Andy's parents were nice enough to take care of Layla while we were out of town. She was pooped from all the attention! We were so happy to see her when we got back!

We've been talking about celebrating Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family for a few years now, and we finally did it! Thanksgiving in February :)
Andy was assistant turkey fryer to my Dad, I made dressing and mac-and-cheese, and Lillian made the sauerkraut (her specialty), broccoli casserole, green beans, and bread. Oh-and an AWESOME pumpkin chocolate cheesecake for dessert.

My plate---YUM!! I think we should do a Thanksgiving in March too!!

Me at 26 weeks! I'm now over 28 weeks, so I really need to update on that, but I thought I'd post this anyway. I'm feeling good, and I'm growing... more updates on pregnancy later!!


No comments: