Although it may seem like just a little thing, Andy and I were really looking forward to giving Ryan his first "big boy" bath together for a while. Since you're supposed to wait until the baby's umbilical cord falls off to give them a real bath I was hoping Ryan's would stay put while Andy was in California. It did for a while, but fell off about 5 days before Andy got home. We decided to just keep sponging him off until Andy got home so we could bathe him together.
We got him all ready and I was sure he was going to scream and cry, but much to our surprise he just kinda sat there! I think he liked the warm water, and maybe he liked to be naked :) By the way, I hope it's acceptable to post naked baby pictures because you're about to see one-and naked babies are cute!
We was so sweet, and loved being snuggled afterwards. My favorite part was brushing his sweet little hair afterwards.

We are so glad Andy is home!! We've gotten on more of a schedule, and my wonderful husband is helping me get more sleep!! I pump so Andy can give him a bottle around 11-12 at night and I get to go to bed by 10 or so and not get up until the 3-4 AM feeding. That means I get to sleep a 5 hour stretch! It has been wonderful!
It's about time for our nighttime routine to start so better go get the bath water warmed up!

1 comment:
he is such a gift!
i heart the pic with Ryan on daddy's shoulder!
congrats on the 5 hours!!!
soak it in, just relish in it!
Post a Comment