Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nesting

The definition of "nesting" is as follows: This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.
This is definitely NOT my personality, but lately I have been doing quite a bit of "nesting". Organizing drawers, sorting through old clothes, laundry, cleaning, cooking and freezing meals, taking on household projects, more laundry... I just keep on thinking of more things to do around this place before the baby comes! Poor Andy has gotten stuck with a few jobs as well, but hey-it needed to get done sometime, right?
I thought I'd post this picture of a little project I was working on to organize some of my jewelry. I got the idea for the necklaces from a picture I'd seen on another blog, and my friend Seantel gave me the idea for the earrings. I think it turned out pretty good-and definitely better than having lots of jewelry tangled together in a box.
Some earrings are missing in this picture, but it's a start!
Drawer knobs to hang necklaces :)

2 comments:

The Switzers said...

Is that earring thing corkboard? What are the earrings hanging on? I love this. I've been looking for something like that.

Londry said...

Rachel it looks really good! I am so happy to see you organizing...you are right is it NOT your normal:) Keep nesting and baby Lee will be here in no time!!!