Where to begin (and to follow up that last post! Major brownie points, Andy-how sweet)....
I am so very thankful for many things this year. My wonderful family, my loving husband, our amazing son, all our friends-east and west coast :), Andy's job, so many blessings I can't even count! We marked 5 years of spending our Thanksgiving in San Jose with one of Andy's teammate's family. They have treated us like their own family and even welcomed Andy's parents-Paula and Chester, and Andy's youngest brother, Nick, this year. As always, it was delicious! Turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, mac and cheese-just to name a few. Oh-and I can't forget the homemade raviolis-a special Italian treat!
Here' a picture of Ryan on his first Thanksgiving! These were taken on my phone--our computer is "sick" so I can't upload pictures like normal so these will have to do for now!

He tried sweet potatoes for the first time. I wonder if he liked them... haha...what do you think?

I wish we could have a weekly Thanksgiving. Not just for all the food, although I love all those carbs! But instead, just to have a reminder to be grateful for all that we have. It seems that today we "expect" so much-just the usual things like dinner on the table and a warm shower- instead of being thankful for what we have. It's easy to have our blinders on and not think about how lucky we are to have those luxuries. Entitlement is the word that comes to mind when I think about our generation-and I'm so guilty of it! It motivates me as a parent to instill an attitude of gratefulness in Ryan.
As Christmas approaches, I'm so thankful for the great gift of Jesus Christ to the world- the true reason for the season! Let's be gracious to one another, thankful for what we have, and celebrate all that we've been given.
I'm so thankful for this little guy and the joy that fills my heart when I hear him laugh!!
Now... let's see Ryan in the bath!!
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:
Post a Comment