Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sip-n-See (and eat... and spoil baby Ryan...)

On Tuesday night my awesome friends Nicole, Gina, and Elizabeth through a sip-n-see for Ryan. We joke that when I left in January I was barely showing and then I came back with a big 'ol baby! Everyone came to celebrate Ryan and welcome him to the "team". The girls really out did themselves with all the decor and little touches that made the night so special. We really felt spoiled!
The party had a farm theme from the invitations that Nicole handmade (she's so talented) to the food and decorations. They really thought of everything!
Here's the table set up:
Gorgeous flowers and place settings. They used bandanas for napkins, mason jars for glasses, and terracotta planter bases for plates. So creative!
The water wagon
The man of the hour himself! His little red and blue plaid outfit really matched the party theme!
Frame that Nicole made, and little tags that everyone wrote messages to Ryan on to go in my scrapbook (again that Nicole made!)
Some of Ryan's clothes hanging up. He has a whole new wardrobe now!
The food was amazing! Grilled chicken and pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, potato salad, spinach salad, and a beet salad I must get the recipe for. They worked so hard to make everything so delicious! The dessert was awesome too. Cupcakes...
THE DELICOUS CAKE! I had a piece for breakfast this morning and I don't even feel one bit bad about it!
The take away gifts were tootsie roll pops with M&Ms that had "Ryan Andrew" on them tied together with Ryan's sweet picture. How creative!! I love how everyone got to go home with a picture of his smiling face.
The lovely hostesses: Elizabeth, Nicole, and Gina. Thank you again girls for doing such an awesome job. You really made us feel so special. I know when I tell Ryan one day all that you did for him he will feel truly blessed to have so many great friends that care about him. Thank you again!! Can't wait to post pictures of Ryan in all his new clothes!




No comments: