I've been avoiding updating for a few weeks because...I'M PREGNANT! I didn't want to post anything for sure until I was over 12 weeks, which I am now (I'll be 13 weeks on Friday)! And now I've had the chance to tell almost everyone anyway!
We found out about 7-8 weeks ago. Andy was playing in Minnesota for the weekend, and I was a little "late" so he kept telling me to go buy a pregnancy test. I told him I just KNEW I wasn't pregnant, but I would get one Sunday just in case. So...after the game (which they barely lost- by the way...didn't Favre retire??) anyway...I went to the pharmacy and took the test and it was positive! I called Andy as he was boarding the plane to come home and I could hear his smile through the phone! I, on the other hand, had to take 3 more tests to convince myself it was real. And then take 1 more when Andy got home :) After a doctor's appointment, blood tests, a few rough mornings/on and off nausea, and an ultrasound it finally hit me! There's a baby in there!!
We went to hear the heartbeat yesterday and it sounds strong and fast (170). It was so cool to hear it pounding away! The old wives' tale says if the heartbeat is over 140 it's a boy, but our doctor says that's just a myth! Both Andy and I are thinking it's a girl, but we'll just have to wait and see! We are not finding out the sex, much to Andy's disappointment, but it's something I've always wanted to do so he's agreed to wait (for now). My due date is May 29 so we've got about 6 months to go! It will fly by, right?
I don't have any belly shots yet, although I feel like I'm starting to poke out a little already, but I thought I'd post a picture of us taken last weekend at Pebble Beach. Andy had the weekend off since they had a Thursday night game so we took his parents down there to visit there and Carmel. It was a beautiful day! More updates to come...

2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I have been waiting to tell you that...but I wanted to wait until you posted it. I am soooo excited for you both. Yall will make great parents. We can't wait to see yall when you get home. Miss ya! Oh and...the heartbeat doesn't mean much Zuri's was way over 140 every time...who knows maybe Z will have a new boyfriend or best friend :) Hope you are feeling well.
Yay! I am so happy for both of you! Can't wait to see you both (and layla). Please keep us all updated! Of course call if you have any Q's...what a blessing!!!
Post a Comment