Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 17, 2012

On the night you were born...

We went to bed on Saturday night just like any normal night. Little did we know, our little guy was just preparing to make his appearance.
I woke up around 2 AM with contractions. This had happened before so I waited and started to watch the clock before I got concerned. After about 30 minutes of consistent contractions within 5 minutes apart I woke Andy up and called my doctor. She said to wait for about an hour before going to the hospital, but we went ahead and called the Lees to come be with Ryan just in case. We're so happy that we did because this baby was ready!
The Lees arrived around 4:30 AM and we were off to the hospital. At this point my contractions had become closer together and had definitely gotten stronger. I didn't experience back labor with Ryan, but around when we got to the hospital I was having very painful back labor. Once we got admitted and into a room I was ready for my epidural. Contractions were under 2 minutes apart and I was scared this baby was coming quickly! Around 6:45 I was able to get my epidural--thank God!! I had gone from 5 cm to 9 cm in under 30 minutes. By the time it had set in my water broke and I was almost ready to push. I don't know how Andy got this picture where I actually look comfortable. This must be post-epidural.


At 8:07 AM we met our baby boy for the first time.
Introducing...
Adam George Lee
7 lbs 13 oz
21 1/4"


I can't believe we are now a family of 4! Ryan was very interested in Adam, and now calls him his brother :) It's very sweet. He asks to see the baby and hug him too, but for the most part he doesn't really seem too affected. I know it will take some adjusting to feel like it's the new "normal" so we're just taking it day by day.
Ready to go home....
Now to figure out the newborn thing again! You would think we would know but I feel like I've forgotten everything. He is a whole new person afterall! We've been very thankful for family and friends who helped us welcome baby Adam into the world! We so appreciate the help of the Lees for keeping Ryan while we were in the hospital, and to my mom for coming and staying the last few days. It has been so helpful to have an extra set of hands while figuring out how to be parents of 2. We feel excited one minute and overwhelmed the next, but we're trying to remember how incredibly blessed we are to have 2 healthy boys to call our sons. Sometimes it's hard for me to accept that God has entrusted these boys to me as their mom, so I'm trying to do my best! These first few weeks are tough, but with Andy around, I'm one lucky girl!

Ok-enough about that..time to feed again!

No comments: