Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We're ready for some football

Football season began this Sunday on the tenth anniversary of the tragic September 11 events that we can all remember so vividly. Being at a football game may not sound very patriotic, but something about seeing the military roll out our flag, singing the national anthem with thousands of fans around me, and watching the fly-over made me well up with emotion. I'm so proud to be an American and feel so blessed to be able to live safely and without fear.

Sunday ended up being wonderful as we watched the Niners win BIG over the Seahawks, and Andy had his best game to date. He even set a franchise record for highest gross average in a game. I'm so proud of him!
Here he is warming up before the game.
It was so nice to have Paula and Chester out to visit for a long weekend and to be here for such a fun game. Ryan had a lot of fun showing off all of his new tricks and playing with them. It was so funny-whatever Paula had to eat he wanted to try, and he loved asking Chester to go see the "Cars...vroom vroom". I know he misses them now that they're gone.
Ryan is really interested in football too. He puts his arm back like he's going to throw a pass and says "hut hut". If football is on TV he points and does the same or says "dada". It's really cute.
Here's a video I tried to upload a couple of weeks ago but for some reason it wouldn't work. I'm trying to get him to say "Go dada" :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay! He's a little athlete already :) Aunt BecBec can't wait to see you!!