I thought I'd do a quick post on a few things Ryan is loving at the moment.
#1- Rice Cereal- (Happy Bellies brand to be specific) we've tried other brands and he's not satisfied. This was the first "food" we tried a couple months ago and he loved it then and still loves it now.

We mix some with his fruit in the morning and some at night and he opens wide :) usually followed by "MMMMMM" and some fussing if his next bite doesn't come quick enough.
#2- Reading Books- Every day we read a story before Ryan's naps (and sometimes in between too). He likes to sit on my lap and try to feel the pages. I let him turn the page for me each time and he gets really proud of himself. He must like all the colors and pictures. It's funny, I have some of his books memorized by now so if he skips a page or two I can keep right up!
#3- STANDING- Even though he's not pulling up all by himself he can stand up with just a little assistance and he can pull up when I put him on his knees. HE LOVES IT! We just lowered his crib, so when I get him up I let him stand up for a while and look around. He loves to do this against the ottoman in our living room too. He can last for a while before he'll lose his balance.
#4- SOCKS- Ok. I know this sounds weird, but my child LOVES socks. Every time we're in the car he takes his socks off and chews on them. Every time I feed him a bottle he starts pulling off is socks. If I put his sock on the floor in the middle of a room full of toys, he'll scoot over to get the socks. He'll even grab one, put it in his mouth and play with something else with the sock still in there! It's like a little puppy dog with his toy. It must feel good on his gums or something..?
#5- Naked Room Time- Another weird one, but a couple months back Andy and I decided to go up a little early before Ryan's bath time one night and let him play in his room with just a diaper on. He was so happy! From there it became part of our night time routine to let him play naked for a little while. I just think he likes to be free and move around with no restrictions. (He lost the diaper as you can see in this picture-we let him go completely bare for a couple minutes before the bath :)
A Couple of Ryan's NOT so Favorite Things Lately
-Diaper changes on the changing table--don't know why but lately he's been freaking out when I lay him down to change his diaper. (that's when the books come in handy...give him one of those and he'll settle down)
-Getting in the car seat. As soon as he's in he's fine-he's great as a matter of fact, but getting him in he starts to fuss :(
That's it for now...not so bad, huh?

No comments:
Post a Comment